01. How can I put money on a detainee’s commissary account?
02. What is the phone number for commissary?
03. How do I send a detainee a letter?
04. Can I mail packages or books to a detainee?
05. Can I send envelopes, paper or stamps through the mail?
06. How do I call the Detention Center?
07. Can I call to talk to a detainee?
08. I cannot accept collect calls, how can a detainee call me?
09. Will you give a detainee a message or phone number for me?
10. How can I block my phone from a detainee calling, and how can I have my number unblocked if it was needed?
11. How can I visit a detainee?
12. How do I get to the Sheriff's Office/Detention Center?
13. When do you fingerprint for the public?
14. How much does it cost to be fingerprinted?
15. How late are you open?
16. When will a detainee be transported to prison or by Immigration?
17. Where do I find a bondsman?
18. What is a detainee’s bond amount, charges, or court date/time?
19. Can I pick up a detainees property?
20. If I turn myself in for a warrant or commitment how long will it take to be processed?
01. Q: How can I put money on a detainee’s commissary account?
A: There are four ways to put money on a detainee's account:
1)Bring a Money Order to the information desk, Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Place the detainee’s name on the money order. A detainee with funding may order commissary items on Wednesdays, which will be delivered on Fridays.
2) In Our Lobby: There is a Tiger Commissary Kiosk machine in the lobby of the Miller County Detention Center. It is available 24 hours a day. There is a two dollar ($2) transaction fee.
3) U.S. Mail: Mail a Money Order to the inmate. DO NOT MAIL CASH. You may mail it to the address below:
Miller County Detention Center
2300 East Street
Texarkana, AR 71854-8023
Please write the detainee’s name on the money order.
4) Add money via the Internet using Tiger Deposit (Click Here).
02. Q: What is the phone number for commissary?
A: 870-774-3001, Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm
03. Q: How do I send a detainee a letter?
A: Address the letter to the detainee:
John Doe, Identification Number
c/o Miller County Detention Center
2300 East Street
Texarkana, AR 71854-8023
A complete return address must be used, including First and Last Name:
101 My St.
MyTown, AR 11111
04. Q: Can I mail packages or books to a detainee?
A: Packages are ordinarily not approved. Any special items required due to a demonstrated hardship must be approved by the Captain or higher authority in writing prior to a package being mailed. You may purchase soft cover books for a detainee: however, the books must be sent postage paid directly from a publisher or book store. Hard cover books are not allowed. Magazine subscriptions are not allowed.
05. Q: Can I send envelopes, paper or stamps through the mail?
A: No, we cannot accept those items through the mail. The detainees can purchase all of these items through commissary.
06. Q: How do I call the Detention Center?
A: 870-774-3001 for all general detention questions.
07. Q: Can I call to talk to a detainee?
A: Detainees cannot receive incoming phone calls. However, they can make outgoing collect calls from the housing area.
08. Q: I cannot accept collect calls, how can a detainee call me?
A: We have service through Global Tel Link, Advance Pay that allows you to have prepaid minutes on home phones and cell phones. Their contact phone number is 1-800-483-8314.
09. Q: Will you give a detainee a message or phone number for me?
A: No. We are a 300+ bed facility and unable to deliver messages for that volume of detainees. You may, however, visit the detainee or mail the detainee a letter.
10. Q: How can I block my phone from a detainee calling, and how can I have my number unblocked if it was needed?
A: You can have your phone number blocked from an individual detainee or from all detainees in the facility. To get this accomplished, you can contact Global Tel-Link at 1-877-650-4249.
11. Q: How can I visit a detainee?
A: Visiting takes place on Wednesday and Thursday evenings, from 6 – 8 pm. A detainee is allowed to visit every other week on pre-established days according to the attached visitation schedule. The detainee is scheduled based upon the first letter of his/ her last name. No more than two adults and two children are allowed to visit at one time. All adults must have a photo ID in order to visit. All visitors must be fully dressed. Revealing clothing, see through clothing, shorts or halter tops are not allowed. Visits are fifteen minutes in duration.
12. Q: How do I get to the Sheriff's Office/Detention Center?
A: Our address is 2300 East Street, Texarkana, Arkansas 71854.
Traveling North Bound on 71:
If you are traveling north bound on 71, we are on the right ½ mile north of Hwy 245.
If you are traveling south bound on 71, we are on the left in the 2300 block of East Street
13. Q: When do you fingerprint for the public?
A: We fingerprint for the public on Wednesday and Fridays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. You will need to bring a photo ID.
14. Q: How much does it cost to be fingerprinted?
A: There is a ten dollar fee.
15. Q: How late are you open?
A: Personnel are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
16. Q: When will a detainee be transported to prison or by Immigration?
A: For the safety of the transporting officers, we cannot give out any information about when a detainee is being transported to or from our facility.
17. Q: Where do I find a bondsman?
A: Check your local phone book or you can visit http://apbblb.comcastbiz.net/update/Miller.pdf
18. Q: What is a detainee’s bond amount, charges, or court date/time?
A: Please call the Detention Center at 870-774-3001
19. Q: Can I pick up a detainees property?
A: Yes, you need to come to the Detention Center with a photo ID. With the detainee’s authorization, we will release only his personal items. Clothing will not be released.
20. Q: If I turn myself in for a warrant or commitment how long will it take to be processed?
A: Booking or release processing times vary. We strive to process everyone as soon as possible.