Miller County has a public gun range available for use at Smith Park.
The Quorum Court sets forth the following rules and regulations.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- The gun range will be open from 08:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during the months of October, November, December, January, February, March, and April.
- The gun range will be open from 08:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. during the months of May, June, July, August, and September.
- Permits shall be issued for the use of the Smith Park Gun Range.
- Permits shall be issued for shooters sixteen (16) years of age and older.
- Shooters under the age of sixteen (16) shall not be required to purchase a permit, but must be accompanied at the range by an adult with a permit.
- Permit fees shall be set at $10.00 for Miller County residents and $20.00 for out of County residents.
- Permits are valid for one year from date of purchase.
- Permits may be purchased at the Miller County Sheriff's Department during regular business hours (08:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) Monday through Friday, and must be renewed annually.
- Monies generated will be appropriated and budgeted in the Smith Park budget for use in upkeep of the Gun Range.
- Targets and target holders are to be furnished by shooters.
- No cans, bottles, or boxes are allowed on the range.
- Shooters will be responsible for clean-up and removal of debris and targets.
- Alcoholic Beverages will not be permitted at the Smith Park Gun Range.
- No public intoxication will be tolerated at the range.
View Larger Map
Smith Park Map